At present, the market demand for non-standard automation equipment is growing. When we choose non-standard automation equipment, what situations should we pay attention to? Today I'll explain it to you!
First, is it necessary to put automation equipment into the process?
Generally, importing automation equipment instead of manual operation is considered in the following cases:
1. Work environment is poor, such as spraying and welding.
2. Manual operation makes the quality of products unstable or not up to customer requirements;
3. The product is larger or heavier, and the manual operation is difficult.
4. The product has a long production cycle and service life. I personally recommend that automation be carefully evaluated for the sake of labor savings only.
Second, is the process suitable for putting in automation equipment?
1. Stability of components: Is the quality of products flowing down the upstream stable? If the components are unstable, the quality of the products processed by the equipment may not be as good as that manually, or it may cause frequent shutdown of the equipment.
2. Operation complexity: The complexity of operation determines the cost of automation equipment and the feasibility of automation equipment technology. Even for industrial robots, complex assembly operations are difficult to achieve.
3. Packaging mode of components: If you want to realize automatic feeding, you need to change the original packaging mode so that the feeding mechanism can grasp the components. The cost increase caused by changing the packaging mode needs to be calculated into the automation cost.
4. Separability of components: If you want to achieve manual feeding, you need to evaluate the separability of components, especially for some small parts, such as screw.
Third, how can automation design meet the requirements of lean model?
1. Use small single-task equipment instead of large multi-task equipment; the more complex the equipment is, the higher the cost is, the worse the reliability is, and the lower the flexibility to cope with changes in demand.
2. Not blindly pursue high-speed equipment. The efficiency of equipment should meet the demand and ensure the quality of products as the principle.
3. Avoid batch processing equipment as far as possible. Although batch processing equipment has certain advantages in efficiency, it will hinder the flow and make the production cycle too long.
These are the three main points for you. I hope to help you better select non-standard automation equipment with higher price ratio.