In layman's terms, assembly refers to the combination of several parts of the product through tight fitting, snapping, threaded connection, bonding, riveting, welding and other methods to obtain a finished product (semi-finished product) that meets the predetermined dimensional accuracy and function. Strictly speaking, the assembly realized by the manual processing (contact, sorting, grabbing, moving, placing, applying force, etc.) of each component can only be called manual assembly. An assembly that does not require manual processing of components can be called automatic assembly. The one in between is semi-automatic assembly.
(1) Directional arrangement of parts, transportation, escapement system
The chaotic parts are automatically arranged in a spatial orientation that is convenient for automatic processing by the machine, and then smoothly transported to the subsequent escapement to prepare for the subsequent grabbing by the robot.
(2) Grab-shift-place mechanism
Grab or vacuum the parts positioned by the escapement, and then move to another position (usually the assembly work position).
(3) Assembly work mechanism
It refers to the mechanism used to complete the main action of the assembly work, such as pressing the workpiece, clamping, screwing, clamping, bonding, welding, riveting, and bonding to the previous component.
(4) Testing agency
It is used to detect the components assembled in the previous step or the previous work results of the machine, such as missing parts detection, size detection, defect detection, function detection, and material cleaning detection.
(5) The removal mechanism of the workpiece
A mechanism used to sort out the assembled qualified and unqualified parts from the machine.
(1) According to the continuity of the flow time of the assembled workpiece in the automatic assembly machine, there are intermittent motion type assembly machines and continuous motion type assembly machines.
(2) According to the number of working positions of the assembly machine, there are single-station assembly machines and multi-station assembly machines.
(3) According to the transmission track of the workpiece of the assembly machine, there are circular workbench assembly machines and ring workbench assembly machines.
It usually adopts PLC control, and the PLC should receive the input of various signals and issue instructions to each actuator. The automatic assembly machine is equipped with a variety of sensors and other signal collectors to monitor the operation of each actuator in the machine, and issue the next execution instruction after judgment. The man-machine interface is used to display the machine's running status, running records, and to send instructions to the machine by the operator.